Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cisco ASA: ERROR: Authentication Rejected: Memory error

I was setting up a new ASA this morning and ran into a strange error when attempting to test my LDAP servers. After many google searches, I discovered there isn't alot of information about this error out there. I found one post that mentioned an incorrect base DN for searches caused the error for him but this wasn't the case for me. I have several ASA's already in service and had copied and pasted the config for the LDAP servers from an existing firewall. I finally figured out that I needed to re-enter the password either in ASDM or CLI because the encrypted value that I pasted in was not being interpreted correctly in the new firewall. I'm guessing because the general purpose RSA keys are different between the two firewalls. In any case, I figured this out the hard way so I thought it might save you guys some time!
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment